Monday, April 27, 2009

Fluid on Julie's Lung

We got another chest X-ray this morning. Our surgeon called us with the results and he stated that Julie has more fluid in/around her lung now than what she had this weekend. Obviously, this is not the news we were hoping for. As Julie tries to determine which cancer treatment to do, she keeps getting blindsided by this issue with her lung.

Our surgeon wants her to come in Wednesday for an ultrasound, during which time they will also drain the fluid out. We are upset (angry) at this turn of events, especially because the port placement was supposed to be such a routine procedure, which has now become anything but routine. However, we know that the Lord is sovereign and that He has a plan and, whether we understand it or not, this problem with Julie's lung is part of it.

Please pray that Julie will not be gripped by fear or uncertainty about all of this. Please pray for me, that I will not allow anger or frustration to obstruct my duties to Julie and my children during these important times.

5 comments:

  1. Beloved Father, wrap your arms around Julie and Dave right now. Dissolve the frustration and anger and fear and uncertainty in the certainty of your love and wisdom and power. Be their daddy with a lap big enough for the whole family and arms strong enough to hold them safely and securely from all alarms.
    Gil and Sara Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about these set backs. Know that we are praying daily. Thank you for being "real" enough to let us know specifically what to pray for. Lifting you up in prayer right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are in our prayers. I can't blame you for being angry, I would be too. I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through.

    I know God will redeem this situation and you both will emerge stronger and watching you, your kids will learn how to lean into God through the worst of times. I pray daily for all of you and have spread the word among my church and those friends of mine who remember Julie from years ago.

    Be encouraged, all our trials are designed to make us more like Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I have been reading through the blogs, I was reminded, as I know you are continually aware, that God's timeline is not our own. For whatever reason that these important decisions are being delayed, God in His infinite wisdom is preparing the perfect timing for the treatments to begin so as to be the most effective. Any variation in that plan could alter the outcome significantly. Hold fast and "Be still and know that (He is) God." My thoughts and prayers are with you daily. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As hard as it is to accept. Sometimes things that seem bad happen for a reason. We will continue to pray for you and the children as well as the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete