Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recovering and Preparing

Hello everyone --

Julie is continuing to recover nicely from her surgery. She has full-range of motion in her left arm, although she is still continuing to do her arm exercises. We have been enjoying many exciting family experiences recently: Madeline celebrated her 5th birthday over the weekend and David Paul's big day is this Friday, he will be 2.

We are anticipating the first round of chemo, which begins on June 16th. We are both very apprehensive about it, but we constantly have to return to God's promises and providence. We trust He will get us through the remainder of this treatment, He's done so much for us already!

We have talked to Madeline about Mommy starting a treatment that will cause her to lose her hair and feel very tired. Ever resilient Madeline didn't miss a beat: she cheerfully responded that she would like to help pick out a wig and hats for Julie!

Thank you all for checking on us via this blog and for continuing to consistently pray for us during this period. We would genuinely appreciate prayer directed toward defeating the fear and anxiety associated with chemo. We have been focusing on the Psalms, especially Psalms 91:14-16: "Because you have loved Me, therefore I will deliver you; I will set you securely on high, because you have known Me. You will call upon Me, and I will answer you; I will be with you in trouble; I will rescue you and honor you. With a long life I will satisfy you and let you see My salvation."

4 comments:

  1. "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom [or what] shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom [or what] shall I dread?...In the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; in the secret place of His tent He will hid me; He will lift me up on a rock...I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." (Psalm 27)
    May the Lord be your rock, your courage, your hope as you see the chemo approaching. In Him, Gil and Sara Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the privilege to be in Children's church with Madeline and nursery with David Paul yesterday. I'm inspired to see how well you've been able to help them stay on an even keel. May the Lord bless and protect your family times and nurture these little ones. Gil and Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I wrote a lengthy comment a few weeks ago, but somehow it didn't get posted -- sent the message via your mom's email, so hopefully you got it that way. Just wanted to let you know that our family (as well as many here at the church where I work) are praying for you! Not only you, though, but also for your entire family. Being able to lean on our Lord during heavy times is such a relief. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...and for a faster-than-normal complete recovery! You have been so precious through the years -- you mean so much to Phil and I! He is so busy, but he care deeply for you, also. Our love to you...
    Janice

    ReplyDelete