Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bye Bye drains!

I am home from my follow up appointment without the tubes/drains! Dr. Brown looked at Dave's outstanding record keeping of the drain fluid amounts and my surgery site and prompltly removed the tubes. (Actually, the whole family has been helping with the holding, recording and so on of the drains.) I report back Dr. Brown in one week for another follow up appointment.

No need for a chest X-ray at this point either. Praising Him for this! I am breathing normally (for after surgery) and do not have the discomfort I had a week ago. If I should have discomfort, trouble breathing, then I would have to go to the ER. So, again, praising Him for His continued healing!

We are so grateful to God for what He has done in our lives this far. I am also thankful to have some recovery time before I begin Chemo treatment. All of your prayers have been so instrumental in His plan for me and my family. Please continue praying with us and growing in His ways.

8 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Sounds like everything is going along well. More good news, which is great to hear.

    Please let us know if you need anything!

    ~Shalane and David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for the encouraging news! Our God is an Awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great word! Our God is an Awesome God indeed. May the Lord continue to heal the surgery site and your lungs while He strengthens your body before chemo begins. Gil and Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most definately we will continue to pray for you and your family. Glad to hear you are getting some good news through everything. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent up a prayer for you today (Friday) for a pleasant day with your family and a peaceful night's sleep. May the Lord watch over you. Gil and Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a good Mother's Day!

    Believe,
    Joanne M. from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,
    Praise God that things are going good so far. I wish I could be there to help out with anything. You all are in my prayers
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. We prayed for you in church today--for Julie as a mom and a cancer patient, for Dave as a husband walking with his wife through this, for Maddie and David Paul as precious little ones. Our hearts are with you. May the Lord bless you with the little riches that are so big when they are threatened. Gil and Sara

    ReplyDelete