Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Reflection

How thankful I am to be a mother. How thankful I am for my mother.

My mom has stood by me all my life. This past month, she has been ever so strong for my family. Having her with us has made us feel stronger. She has cared for our little ones, played endlessly with them. Words cannot really describe what it means to have her support me in my cancer treatment and recovery.

My children and Dave blessed me today. It was a beautiful day and we all went to the park. And it was the greatest gift to spend this day with my family. To enjoy their laughter, smiles, and joyful chatter was simply wonderful! I am so glad to be Madeline and David Paul's mother. I thank God for His promises to me and my family this day and every day.

4 comments:

  1. When Psalm 68:6 says that God places the lonely in families, it implies that a family is a blessing from God, it is a treasure that enriches our lives and brings joy. What a picture of that your description of your day shows us! Thank you, Lord, for Julie's family. Bless them and keep them walking in joy with one another! Gil and Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie
    Thank you so much for continuing to share your journey with us. In a time when life could be overwhelming, it has been a blessing to see your fmaily look to God's goodness and blessings, reminding each of us to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - Marilyn S. told me about this blog so I can keep up with you! I am praying daily for you and for your family...we have missed Madeline at BSF, but fully understand. Praise God for the answers you have seen thus far. I am praying Deut. 31:6 (from our BSF lesson this week) for you: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Love to you all, Kelly Harb

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the Lord continue to strengthen your body and your heart, one day at a time as he gives you grace. Gil and Sara

    ReplyDelete