Wednesday, August 19, 2009

4 down, 2 to go

I wrapped up my 4th round of chemo this afternoon. Everything went fine, however, my white-blood cell count has become lower. This is normal as a result of the cumulative nature of chemo. And my white cell count was not so low that they needed to postpone treatment, but that could be a possibility for the last two rounds. Please pray that my white blood cell count will normalize, or at least not drop any lower, so that my treatment doesn't have to be delayed. I am so close to finishing this treatment (chemo), and I know it is the prayers of people just like you who have helped sustain me! My last two chemo rounds are on September 9th and 30th. The doctors have said that I will not need any follow-on radiation.

Thank you again for all the many ways you have supported me and my family since my diagnosis on April 8th -- we have appreciated all of it!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Julie. It is great to hear that you are doing well! You and your family are always in our prayers!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I pray you and the family will know God's peace that passes all comprehension...
    that by His Spirit He will meet your physical and emotional needs...
    that your faith will be increased as you see Him meet your needs.
    Margie Whitaker

    ReplyDelete