The last several weeks have been "quiet " for me, which is good. I haven't had any nausea, only fatigue (although, when the fatigue hits, it hits hard!). My hair began to thin last Monday, while I was at the oncologists office for a check up. I decided to have a friend cut my hair stylishly shorter on Tuesday in anticipation of the mass exodus of hair folicles. Since then, the hair was beginning to fall in unwanted places... So, today, after a final "brushing," Dave shaved it all off with the assistance of Madeline. Just to make things easier, Dave let me shave his head first! Now we look like two cue balls!
I believe it is your prayers that has made this journey a little less tearful for me. So thank you for lifting us up these recent weeks. I feel His hand upon me and around our family.
I am going Wednesday to receive my second treatment. After Wednesday, I will be a third of the way through. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord because He hears and answers my prayers. Because He bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath.

You guys are such a beautiful couple! Thank you for the encouragement of your testimony. May our God continue to sustain you. We love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers sweetheart. Only you can still be so pretty bald. Your courage and love for the Lord is such a testimony.
ReplyDeleteAngie
Julie, you actually have a very nicely shaped head! I'm so glad that you aren't having feeling nauseous.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful, I love you and miss you. I will see you soon!
ReplyDeletelove, Amanda
Well, well, well. Look at you two! It looks like Steve has company now! He is going to love this photo. You two look adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove, Christy
Nice photo and nice heads. Will keep the whole family lifted up in prayer. Oh yeah - watch out for sunburn :-)
ReplyDelete