Monday, June 15, 2009

A Special Request

As I sit reading emails and try to respond intelligently, I am struggleing because I am anxious and a bit apprhensive about beginning my chemo treatment this Wednesday.
We took a road trip this weekend to see friends and family. It was good to have this time of enjoyment and have all of our minds off of the chemo starting.
I know you all are praying and many of you ask me specifically in person, emails, and phonecalls. Thank you. I just feel a little scared as the realization hits me of what is ahead. God is with me. And I do trust Him.
I have a special request tonight for my friend, Melissa. She is a young mother of three beautiful children and a wonderfully, supportive husband. Her diagnosis is Lymphoma. She has been fighting this for over a year with various treatments. Currently, she started another chemo treatment and is having alot of pain possibly due to the growing mass in her chest. She needs a transplant. At this time, there is not an exact match. We are praying for one. Now, I ask for your help by registering online at http://www.marrow.org/ It is easy to register and have a cheek swab kit sent to you. The registration fee is waved until June 22nd. Melissa is a sweet child of God's and wants to be here for her children and husband just like I want to be here for Madeline, David Paul and Dave. I know there are lots of you who have not met me, and you pray for me. Please pray for Melissa, and please get a kit; one of you could be part of Melissa's miracle.
Thank you for letting me share my heart's desire for Melissa.
With your continued prayers, I will be strong in Christ and so will Melissa. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment